As the time for change comes, we see officers changing over or preparing to change. Opportunity comes in many forms to serve the Kingdom and Society, and if you look to the Job Board in this issue of The Pale you will see the ways you can help. Many hands make light the work, and without our officers doing their jobs, we would not have an SCA to play in. (more…)
We would first like to thank their Majesties Cellach and Vukasin for allowing Us to compete in their Crown Tournament. It was a great honor to stand the field with so many stout warriors and shining examples of inspiration. The tournament was fantastic, not just to fight in, but also as a spectator. Each and every combatant and consort who inspired them showed everyone great pageantry, prowess, inspiration and honor. We would like to thank Her Excellency Epona Brodin and the Barony of Carraig Ban for hosting such a grand, exciting and well-run Crown Tournament.
As the harvest is collected, and the winter months come, We look forward to supporting our King and Queen Cellach and Vukasin in all that They do, and We are especially honored and humbled to serve as your Prince and Princess.
Alric and Katherine
Prince and Princess of the Midrealm
Our deepest thanks to the Barony of Carraig Ban for hosting Our Crown Tournament. We were impressed with the comportment of both the combatants and their inspirations. The tournament was well-fought and We are very pleased to have Alric and Katherine as Our Heirs.
Mistress Halla has stepped down as the Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences. She has Our thanks for her work in the office, most especially for her work on revising the criteria for the A&S faires. Sofya Chyudskaya Smolyanina has agreed to serve as interim KMOAS. We thank her for agreeing to serve in this capacity.
We look forward to seeing many of you in Our upcoming travels.
Cellach and Vukasin
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Webminister.
This position reports to the SCA Board of Directors through the Office of the President. The Society Webminister is a supervisory position of Kingdom Webministers, and is not involved in maintenance of the Corporate website (www.sca.org). (more…)
REQUEST FOR COMMENTARY – Proposed Corpora Change – Corpora IV.E.
Currently open for commentary is a proposal for a change to Corpora IV.E. Reason for suggested change is to clarify confusing language.
Court of Their Majesties William and Isolde, 26 August AS 52 (CE 2017), held at Baroness Wars V in Their Shire of Swordcliff.
Heralded by Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen, Andreas Blacwode, Alzbeta Michalik, Alexander de Seton, Lucia Elena Braganza. Seneschals were Christofle Etienne de Lorraine dit le juene, Hengist Hawardessune.
- Purple Fretty: One Paw Tiger Inn
- Grove: Ayreton Brewers Guild
- Sapphire: Philippe de Lyon
- Dragon’s Treasure: Cartooth the Destroyer
- AoA: Astrid Arnardottir, Jennifer of White Waters, Orianna Morgan of the Ely, David Patton, Edward the Wanderer, Diego Rodrigo Benito Ruiz, Raja Culamani of Chennai, Valdis Skjaldardottir, Rae the Smith
- Dragon’s Barb: Eoin atte Keld, Metylda of Ravenslake
- Purple Fret: Lynette de Warrene, Seto Gesshuko, Hildigunnr Halldorsdottir, Christofle Etienne de Lorraine dit le juene, Allison Renee Roseholm, Gailen Alric Ros of Geddes, Robert Thorne, Gillian Elanor of Roseholm, Reyni-Hrefna, Audettela la Tricoteuse de Saint Denis
- Silver Oak: Raphael Di Merisi, Patrick of Three Hills, David of Lochmorrow, Roibhilin of Adair
- Willow: Avery Austringer, Eva Wurster, Tualaith of Sternfeld, Isabel Sartore
- Greenwood Company: Adella of Ayreton, Renzokuken of Ayerton, Einar Tjuguskegg, Nadezda ze Zastrizl
- Evergreen: Gillianne de Solis, Kendra Cameron, Gwendolyn Merch Llewelyn, Michaela de Romeny
- Dragon’s Heart: Tieron Alainn, Saraswati man Ikkam, Jane Carlisle the Tall, Muriel Zimmermannin, Albert of Artesia, Susanna the Short
- Court Barony: Caroline de Mercier, Maximilian von Fallingbostel, Acelina of Derelei
- Landed Baroness, Shattered Crystal: Petrona De Manciano
- Landed Baron, Shattered Crystal: Kurro Ookami
- Laurel: Caroline de Mercier Pelican: Epona Brodin, Gareth Ostwestly
We are finally ready for the Spring Regional A&S Faire Season. All the Faires that have been scheduled are listed on the KMOAS page at Midrealm.org. All the Criteria have been reviewed, and many corrections and changes have been approved. The new set of Criteria will be available on December 1, 2017. Make sure you are familiar with the rules for this year! I know many of you are hard at work on projects that will become entries in the Faires this year. I’m looking forward to seeing all the amazing things and seeing the research and exploration that is going on all over the Kingdom! (more…)
What a wild ride this has been so far. As many of you know, all the scribes that did work on scrolls during the reign of William and Isolde were given a Royal Augmentation of Arms. Here is some basic information about that, in case you have questions. (more…)
Unto all whom read these words, greetings.
The Middle Kingdom is fortunate to have “the horse capital of the world” in its borders. Across our great kingdom we are blessed with 4-H fair grounds, county fairs with rodeos, and state and national parks that all cater to horse activities. The horse has had a huge impact on medieval culture, warfare, idea exchange, farming and many other aspects of medieval life. The Marshals have been reaching out to many current SCA horse owners, trainers, horse enthusiasts, some with frustration, some with safety concerns but most expressing a huge love for our kingdom and horses. It was also felt necessary to wait until the end of the riding/equestrian season to implement any changes for the upcoming season. (more…)
Greetings unto the exchequers and populace of the Middle Kingdom, A few announcements…
• A new draft of the Middle Kingdom Financial Policies is being reviewed by the Curia. The new version has been rewritten to be more reader-friendly. There have not been significant changes to existing policy; however, there has been clarification and expansion of some of the sections. With Curia approval, it will be forwarded to the SCA Board of Directors for review and approval and then posted for public use. (more…)