Unto the beloved populace of the Middle Kingdom come greetings from your Prince and Princess.
Sitting the Dragon Thrones is a lofty goal. It is also a position requiring great effort, as the Royalty are the highest servants of the People. If this is a position you would seek to gain for yourself and your consort, present yourselves before Us as participants in Our Crown Tournament on May 24, 2015. The following are Our requirements for Our Crown Tournament.
For both combatant and consort:
- You must possess a minimum of an Award of Arms, or equivalent.
- Provide to Us a recommendation from a Peer of Our Realm, unless the combatant or consort is already a Peer.
- A boast, to be presented by your herald, as you are called before Us. It is to be no longer than 20 seconds.
- No obvious modern equipment or clothing exposed.
- No weapons over six feet in length.
- No war shields. We expect you to take the field using the shield with which you would normally fight in tournaments.
The tournament will begin after a pool tournament to narrow the number of combatants down to 16, or down to 32, if more than 32 are present. After this, it will be a standard double elimination tournament. Upon narrowing the field to two combatants, the finals will be the best of three passes. The first two passes will be matched weapon styles. The style of the first pass will be chosen by the lower-ranking combatant; the second by the higher-ranking combatant. The final pass, should it be needed, will have each combatant choosing their own weapon style. Our kingdom has had many honorable Crown Tournaments due to the comportment of the individual combatants and consorts, both on and off the field. We are looking forward with anticipation to once again witnessing this worthy display.
There is another display that will be happening at Our Crown Tournament event for which We are equally excited to see. Kingdom Arts and Sciences will be taking place on the May 23, 2015, the day before the tournament. Join Us in marveling at the remarkable creations of our wonderful artists.