The Pennsic Commedia All Stars troupe seeks Pirates, Pirate impersonators, or people who can learn to act like Pirates very quickly. Pirates are needed to portray the zanni Pirate band of Isabella the Pirate Queen in the All Stars production of ‘The Long Lost Treasure’ at 9:30pm on August 6 in the Performing Arts Tent stage at Pennsic. Requirements include:
- All Pirates must attend 3 rehearsals, from 11:00am – 1:00pm at the Amphitheater on August 4, 5, and 6 (one rehearsal may be missed if necessary upon pre-approval of the Pirate Queen.)
- All Pirates must report for duty by 9:00pm on the night of August 6 for the performance.
- All Pirates must swear allegiance to and obey orders from Isabella the Pirate Queen without question or be banished forever from the zany pirate band.
- All Pirates must provide their own Pirate style costume. Some consultation and fashion assistance can be provided upon request.
- All Pirates must be 18 years of age or older.
The zany pirate band will act as a group, so pirates should not expect solos or individual lines, but extreme individual characterizations of pirates are welcome. The troupe’s inspiration is taken from Keystone Cops and Pirates of Pennzance.
Pirates who are ready to enlist must sign up by sending an email to no later than 11:59pm July 31, 2015. The email must contain the following information:
- Pirate name
- SCA name
- Modern name
- Pennsic camp
- Statement of sworn allegiance to Isabella the Pirate Queen and oath to attend rehearsals and performance as scheduled.
- Any notes you wish to share with the Pirate Queen about your previous experience in being a Pirate or playing commedia that would assist in her commanding you are welcome.
The first ten pirates to sign up will considered for leadership positions.
Isabella the Pirate Queen is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, Kingdom affiliation, or any other characteristic because a diverse workforce provides more creative solutions to pillaging and plundering in an ever changing world of increasing demands and it would be stupid not to damit.
Sophia the Orange