Let the word go forth that the electronic edition of the September issue of The Pale, the official newsletter of the Middle Kingdom, is available to download by those readers who have purchased a sustaining or international membership in the SCA.
The September issue features a cover photo of Sir Seto Gesshuko by Lady Marissa von Atzinger.
Included in the September Issue are:
- Official missives From Their Highnesses, Kingdom Seneschal, and Exchequer
- An announcement of the closure of the Office of the Chiurgeonate.
- A photo gallery from Pennsic with photos by Master Philip, Lady Marissa von Atzinger, Lady Dianimh Ban, THL Kemma Quatremaine, Baroness Geniveve Rose de Glandalough, and Baroness Genoveva von Lübeck
- Court reports from Baron Wars, Simple Day, and Tyger Hunt.
- A job listing for the next Middle Kingdom Exchequer.
- Middle Kingdom Event Ads and Previews, including A Day of Discovery II, Bottega at Three Towers, Tournament of the Roses, Inkin-n-Drinkin in Lincoln, the Coronation of Nikolai and Serena, Red Dragon, the Barony of Rivenstar’s 40th Anniversary, Crown Tournament, Rendezvous at the Bridge, Dragon’s Quest, Bardic Madness, Known World Academy of Rapier and Costuming Symposium, and SCA’s 50th Anniversary.
- A listing of the events being held in the Middle Kingdom in September, October, November, and December 2015
- The directory of seneschals in the Middle Kingdom
E-newsletters are available only to those who have purchased a sustaining membership or an international membership.
Here’s a quick reminder about how to access the newsletters, if you have the appropriate membership. You’ll start by visiting the newsletter web site: http://enewsletter.sca.org
There you’ll be greeted with a login screen. You’ll need your membership number and password. (The initial password is the word “start”, all lowercase. It is recommended that you change the password to something more secure the first time you use the site.)
Once you’ve provided that you’ll see a window with a list of all the publications available. You can access not only The Pale, but the newsletters of all the Kingdoms, and the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Click on the name of the Kingdom or other publication you want, and on the next screen you’ll see all the newsletters for that Kingdom, all the way back to the first electronic issues.
If you have trouble accessing the site, your next step should be to contact Membership Services to check the status of your membership. You can find all the contact information on the SCA web site: http://www.sca.org/members/MbrSvcsStaff.html
Submissions for the October issue are due September 25. Please visit http://www.midrealm.org/pale/ for submissions guidelines for The Pale. We are always seeking photographs and articles!