Let the word go forth that the electronic edition of the November issue of The Pale, the official newsletter of the Middle Kingdom, is available to download by those readers who have purchased a sustaining or international membership in the SCA.
The November issue features a cover photo of Tsar Nikolai and Tsarina Serena at Their Coronation by Lady Marissa von Atzinger.
Included in the November Issue are:
- Official missives From Their Majesties, Kingdom Chronicler, and Exchequer
- An announcement from the RUM Chancellor
- The full Master William Blackfox Award List
- A photo gallery from Coronation with photos by Lady Marissa von Atzinger
- Court reports from Pounce, Academy of Defence, Rose Tournament, and Vikings Come Home.
- A job listing for the Deputy to the Society Chatelaines Office.
- Middle Kingdom Event Ads and Previews, including The Haunted Tower II The River Styx, Fall Bransle III, RUM, Christmas TOurney, Yule Feast, St. Nicholas Tourney for Tots, and SCA’s 50th Anniversary.
- A listing of the events being held in the Middle Kingdom in November and December 2015, as well as January, February, and March 2016
- The directory of seneschals in the Middle Kingdom
- The current listing of nominees to the board of directors
E-newsletters are available only to those who have purchased a sustaining membership or an international membership.
Here’s a quick reminder about how to access the newsletters, if you have the appropriate membership. You’ll start by visiting the newsletter web site: http://enewsletter.sca.org
There you’ll be greeted with a login screen. You’ll need your membership number and password. (The initial password is the word “start”, all lowercase. It is recommended that you change the password to something more secure the first time you use the site.)
Once you’ve provided that you’ll see a window with a list of all the publications available. You can access not only The Pale, but the newsletters of all the Kingdoms, and the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Click on the name of the Kingdom or other publication you want, and on the next screen you’ll see all the newsletters for that Kingdom, all the way back to the first electronic issues.
If you have trouble accessing the site, your next step should be to contact Membership Services to check the status of your membership. You can find all the contact information on the SCA web site: http://www.sca.org/members/MbrSvcsStaff.html
Submissions for the October issue are due September 25. Please visit http://www.midrealm.org/pale/ for submissions guidelines for The Pale. We are always seeking photographs and articles!