The February issue features a cover photo honoring Mistress Crespine, the Midrealm’s newest member of the Oder of the Pelican and a wonderful feature article by Baron Gebhard Rauten titled, “Talking Back to the Future: Advice for Newcomers and Up-And-Comers in the Society.”
Also included in the February 2016 Issue are:
- Official missives From Their Majesties, Kingdom Seneschal, and Kingdom Exchequer
- More clues for the Quest for the Chest puzzle contest!
- A poll announcement for the Barony of Illiton
- Court reports from RUM, Christmas Tourney, Toys for Tots, and Yule Feast.
- Job listings for the PayPal Deputy, Deputy to the PayPal Deputy, Thuban Herald, and Media Liaison.
- Job listing for the SCA, Inc. President.
- Middle Kingdom Event Ads and Previews, including Winged Hills Collegium, Masque of Courtly Love, A Regular Event in the Cleftlands, Cut and Thrust Academy, Rites of Spring, Quest for the Golden Seamstress, and SCA’s 50th Anniversary.
- A listing of the events being held in the Middle Kingdom in February, March, and April 2016.
- The directory of seneschals in the Middle Kingdom
- The current listing of nominees to the board of directors
E-newsletters are available only to those who have purchased a sustaining membership or an international membership.
Here’s a quick reminder about how to access the newsletters, if you have the appropriate membership. You’ll start by visiting the newsletter web site: http://enewsletter.sca.org
There you’ll be greeted with a login screen. You’ll need your membership number and password. (The initial password is the word “start”, all lowercase. It is recommended that you change the password to something more secure the first time you use the site.)
Once you’ve provided that you’ll see a window with a list of all the publications available. You can access not only The Pale, but the newsletters of all the Kingdoms, and the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Click on the name of the Kingdom or other publication you want, and on the next screen you’ll see all the newsletters for that Kingdom, all the way back to the first electronic issues.
If you have trouble accessing the site, your next step should be to contact Membership Services to check the status of your membership. You can find all the contact information on the SCA web site: http://www.sca.org/members/MbrSvcsStaff.html
Submissions for the March issue are due January 25. Please visit http://www.midrealm.org/pale/ for submissions guidelines for The Pale. We are always seeking photographs and articles!