Also included in the April 2016 Issue are:
- Official missives From Their Majesties, Kingdom Seneschal, Kingdom Exchequer, and the Minister of Arts and Sciences
- More clues for the Quest for the Chest puzzle contest!
- Court reports from Middle Marches Twelfth Night, Festival of Maidens, Candlemas, St Valentine’s Day Massacre.
- Job listings for Regional Ministers of Arts & Sciences for Constellation and South Oaken
- Middle Kingdom Event Ads and Previews, including Tournament of Flowers, Dressed to Kill, It Takes My Child to Raze a Village, Keep Calm and Cellidh On, Andelcrag Althing, Three Saints and an Investiture & Constellation Regional Arts and Sciences Faire, Spring Training VII, The Awakening XXX, St. Cecilia at the Tower V, Battled of the Inland Seas XXI, SCA 50 Year, and Midrealm Spring Crown Tournament and Kingdom Arts and Sciences and Constellation Academy of Defense.
- A listing of the events being held in the Middle Kingdom in April, May, and June 2016.
- An up-to-date list of seneschals in the Middle Kingdom
E-newsletters are available to those who have purchased a sustaining membership, an international membership, and/or family membership.
Here’s a quick reminder about how to access the newsletters, if you have the appropriate membership. You’ll start by visiting the newsletter web site: http://enewsletter.sca.org
There you’ll be greeted with a login screen. You’ll need your membership number and password. (The initial password is the word “start”, all lowercase. It is recommended that you change the password to something more secure the first time you use the site.)
Once you’ve provided that you’ll see a window with a list of all the publications available. You can access not only The Pale, but the newsletters of all the Kingdoms, and the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Click on the name of the Kingdom or other publication you want, and on the next screen you’ll see all the newsletters for that Kingdom, all the way back to the first electronic issues.
If you have trouble accessing the site, your next step should be to contact Membership Services to check the status of your membership. You can find all the contact information on the SCA web site: http://www.sca.org/members/MbrSvcsStaff.html
Submissions for the May issue are due March 25. Please visit http://www.midrealm.org/pale/ for submissions guidelines for The Pale. We are always seeking photographs and articles!