Greetings, Houndy Folks!
If you are bringing your dog to course with us for the first time, here is some helpful info to make things a bit easier.
Hound Handler requirements: (A handler is anyone handling a dog, whether owner or not.)
- Must be a current (paid) member of the SCA and present a membership card.
- Must go through Hound Handler Authorization training and fill out paperwork for authorization card .
Hound Requirements (Hound = Dog of any breed)
- Hound must be at least one year of age and in good health. (Female hounds in season will not be allowed on the field for safety reasons.)
- Hound owners must present up to date documentation Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, and Bordatella Virus vaccinations. (not tags)
- Must have had food withheld for a minimum of 4 hours prior to coursing, and water given sparingly to prevent GVD/Bloat . Food should be withheld for an additional hour after coursing and continue watering sparingly.
- Owner must provide, for each hound, leash, harness or collar, muzzle & vet wrap for dew claws.
- Owner is responsible for providing a safe place for their hound to rest after the course.
- Owner is responsible for ALL CLEAN-UP and disposal of hound waste. (remember your potty bags)
The Hound Guild will also be providing a 10×20′ pavilion as a Meet-n-Greet area near the Merchant building. Folks are welcome to come and visit the dogs, or bring a chair, have a drink with us and socialize. We will be there after the finish of coursing, until Evening Court.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.
The weather looks to be beautiful for coursing and we are looking forward to having a wonderful time…. can’t wait to see you all there!
Guliana Lucia Solari