Greetings to all the Artisans, Craftspersons, Inventors, Creators, Dancers, Singers, Actors, Players, Writers, Smiths, Brewers, Fabricators and Merrymakers of the MIdrealm!
Arts and Sciences Faire Season is underway!
February 4, 2017, Constellation Regional A&S Faire/Better War Through Archery, Barony of Sternfeld, Danville, IN, Is COMPLETED, and all eight entries are eligible to go on to the Kingdom Faire!
We have FOUR more Regional Faires:
- March 11, 2017, Pentamere Regional Faire, Barony of Northwoods, Howell, MI
- March 25, 2017, Midlands Regional Faire, Incipient Shire of Rúnviðarstaðr, Warren, IL
- April 1, 2017, North Oaken Regional Faire, Shire of Rivenvale, Warren, OH
- April 22, 2017, South Oaken Regional Faire, Barony of the Flame, Louisville, KY
There seems to be a lot of confusion this year on the pre-reg dates for each faire and for mail-in entries. The mail-in entry deadline has already passed; it was January 10, 2017. It was published in The Pale in this letter, and published on my KMOAS site on Midrealm.org. This rolled back the decision that was made last year to have a separate mail-in deadline for each Faire.
Below are the pre-reg dates for each of the remaining Regional Faires:
- Pre-Registration deadline for Pentamere Regional is March 5.
- Pre-Registration deadline for Midlands Regional Faire is March 19.
- Pre-Registration deadline for North Oaken Regional Faire is March 26.
- Pre-Registration deadline for South Oaken Regional Faire is April 17.
New this year — all eligible entrants MUST prereg for Kingdom A&S Faire.
Pre-registration for Kingdom Faire opens May 1, 2017, and CLOSES May 10, 2017, or when the last space is reserved, whichever is soonest.
If you have any problems registering for any Faire or logging into the A&S Faire Registration site as an Entrant or Judge, please email me at .
And one more item of interest about the Faires:
We are looking for a new Tally Room Coordinator. This individual must be willing to travel and attend all five regional Faires and the Kingdom Faire, must have solid computer skills, understand how to set up a network, have some capability with databases and servers (or be willing to learn) and be willing to learn to use the current A&S Faire program. This position is a key position in the tally room, with a lot of responsibility for making the administrative side of the Faire go smoothly.
Those who wish to learn more or to apply should send a resume to .
Thank you everyone for the wonderful entries you are bringing to the Faires this year!
Yours in Service,
Halla of Mugmort
Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences