Greetings unto the Exchequers and populace of the Middle Kingdom:
First of all, I want to take a moment to thank all of the exchequers that have passed the baton over the past several months. In particular, I wanted to thank a few of my deputies who have stepped down over the past few months.
- Lady Bojei Temur who has served as the Midlands exchequer over the past few years. She is moving on to become our Deputy Exchequer for Training.
- Signora Elisabetta Morosini di Mettenini is stepping down as the Deputy Exchequer for Training to retire to her estates.
- Lord Domnaill O’Hodrain was our NMR Deputy Exchequer and is still the local exchequer in the Shire of Cuil Cholium.
Thank you so much to all of you for your dedication and hard work over the years. You have my deep and abiding gratitude.
Secondly, I would like to address some of the questions that I have received recently:
- NMR reports are due within 10 days of the end of the event. The reports and fees should be sent directly to Kingdom Exchequer at the address listed on the Midrealm Exchequer webpage
- Change of officer forms should be sent to your regional exchequer and copied to me with a copy of your state ID and current membership card. The Request for Financial Warrant should also be sent to me with only the top portion filled out.
- Bank accounts may not be changed at the bank without first sending me a Bank Account Change Request form that has all of the requisite information filled out. This includes adding and removing signers as well as opening new accounts. The forms are sent to Corporate for approval; I am just the proofreader but they won’t be accepted by Corporate if they aren’t submitted from my office.
Every group must have a financial policy in place that has been reviewed by the Kingdom Exchequer’s office that specifies the makeup of the financial committee and how financial decisions are made. Please use the Kingdom Financial Policy as a starting place and adjust it to suit your group. Stating that you are simply following the Kingdom Financial Policy is not acceptable.
We are preparing to go live with online advance registration for events. Our Deputy Exchequer for PayPal is Lady Alays de la Salle.
In order to utilize PayPal and online advance online registration for an event, several items must be ticked off the list:
- Your group must be current with all reporting – monthly and NMR – and have at least a 6-month track record of compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Your reservationist (troll/gatekeeper) and your local exchequer must take a training class from the PayPal deputy (in person and online options will be available).
- Your financial committee must agree to the terms of using PayPal. (PayPal fees are deducted from the amount of the registration fees.)
We are going to start out only offering the advance online registration (pre-registration). The link to the form to request authorization to use PayPal at an event as well as the online advance registration form will be available on the Midrealm Exchequer page once we get going. Groups with authorized events will be able to link to the registration form from their event websites.
Please contact Alays de la Salle at email@example.com with specific questions about training and the process for using PayPal.
Finally, communication is crucial! If there is a challenge within the group, if you have a question that is not addressed in the Local Exchequer Handbook or Kingdom Financial Policies or that needs clarification, if you will be late with a report, or if you just need a sounding board or feedback, contact your regional exchequer or me. We are here to help.
Thank you for your service to the Kingdom! In service,