The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Webminister.
This position reports to the SCA Board of Directors.
The Society Webminister is a supervisory position, and is not involved in maintenance of the Corporate website (www.sca.org).
The Society Webminister is responsible for the following duties:
- Ongoing development and revision of the Society Webminister’s policies and procedures, as detailed in the Society Webminister Handbook. Said work will not only include making sure that solutions are provided for current issues, but will also include observing trends, being aware of potential issues and streamlining the Webministry as a whole to provide better service to the SCA and potential members thereof.
- Warranting of kingdom-level Webministers, where necessary.
- Supervision of all kingdom-level websites, including proper use of domain names, monitoring content, regular reporting from Kingdom Webministers, and enforcement of the Society Webministry policies and procedures.
- Working with Kingdom Webministers to ensure they develop and enforce clear guidelines for local SCA group websites based on the standards found in the Society Webminister’s Handbook.
- Acting as a subject matter expert and resource regarding issues related to electronic publications and websites at the kingdom and local levels, including, but not limited to: copyright issues, privacy issues, and technology-related issues.
- Quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors for the SCA, Inc.
Required for this position are: dependable email access; dependable phone access; moderate to expert proficiency in web-related technologies(e.g. HTML, Java, PSP, ASP, web hosting issues, etc.); moderate Microsoft Word proficiency; and the ability to clearly communicate via email, phone, and in written reports.
Prior experience as a Webminister in the SCA is required; prior experience as a kingdom webminister is highly desired.
Those interested in the Position of Society Webminister should submit their SCA and modern era resumes to both and . The deadline for applications is July 1, 2017.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email .
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.