The Board of Directors of the Society for Creative Anachronism is now accepting applications for the position of Society Seneschal (Vice-President for Operations). This is a part-time, paid position, which requires approximately thirty plus hours per week.
Applicants must possess strong telephone skills, and be very capable of interacting with unique SCA personalities. The ability to process and distill large amounts of information from different sources is a requirement. Organizational and problem solving skills are essential. Having held a Kingdom Seneschal position, while not required, is preferred. Applicants must possess enough space at home for a medium sized office, have immediate access to internet, PC and printer, and possess word processing skills.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Prior experience in a position of leadership within the SCA or leading volunteer organizations
- Oversee directly and indirectly the planning and implementation of all game side activities.
- Good working knowledge of current SCA corporate documents
- Investigative skills
- Ensure confidentiality of all investigations
- Mediation skills
- Executive management
- Quarterly review of all Kingdom Seneschal Reports
- Interface as a corporate spokesperson for information management
- Explore, evaluate and create new documentation as needed to ensure a positive game side experience
- Management experience with both volunteers and employees
- Report to the Chairman and President regarding matters of significant importance to the SCA, Inc.
- Office, Project and Resource management
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Writing to a mass audience and speaking publicly
- The ability to connect to internet/communicate via internet is required
The Society Seneschal deals with large amounts of correspondence (mostly electronic, some telephone and a portion written) with a wide number of individuals including, but not limited to all kingdom seneschals, royalty, and corporate level offices, especially the President, Vice-President for Corporate Operations and the Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors.
Applicants must be available for the four quarterly Board Discussion Sessions per year (typically held on Fridays), held in addition to the four Board meeting days per year (typically on Saturdays). As Thursdays and Sundays tend to be travel days, each applicant must have sixteen days available per year, of which eight are week days. Additional traveling may be required. Availability for up to eight evening conference calls per year (generally starting at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time) is also required.
The successful candidate will plan, organize, and facilitate regular Kingdom Seneschals Meetings held via Go To Meeting for purposes of training as needed.
The successful candidate must be available to provide periodic advice to the Seneschals, the Crowns and Their Heirs in the 20 Kingdoms. This will incur a degree of time on the telephone and electronic mail.
The Society Seneschal-Vice President of Operations is responsible for supervising sanction activity as described in Section X of Corpora, and the Uniform Sanction Procedure as noted in the Seneschal handbook and the current Sanction Guide.
This is an official announcement by the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.; permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.