The Society for Creative Anachronism is seeking candidates for the position of Society Minister of Arts and Sciences (MOAS), which is a warranted 3-year term of service.
The Minister of Arts and Sciences is the officer responsible for reporting on the artistic programs of the SCA, fostering the study of medieval culture and technology, and for promoting methods for producing historically inspired artifacts and performances.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- coordinating the efforts of kingdom officers in the field;
- promoting the dissemination of accurate information;
- responding to inquiries from the membership and artisans in a courteous and timely manner;
- constructive problem solving;
- ensuring accurate and consistent reporting from A&S officers to meet the SCA’s audited charitable reporting requirements;
- reporting quarterly on the artistic programs of the SCA.
- performing other duties assigned by the Board.
This is an unpaid position. Applicants should be paid members of the Society and able to travel to other kingdoms as approved by the board, and have easy access to phone, computer, mail and e-mail. Experience in both the practice and coordination of the Arts and Sciences as practiced in the SCA is strongly preferred.
Hard copies of résumés (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) must be sent to the attention of ‘The Board of Directors’, SCA, Inc., P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789. Electronic courtesy copies should also be sent to by October 1, 2017.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.