Unto all whom read these words, greetings.
The Middle Kingdom is fortunate to have “the horse capital of the world” in its borders. Across our great kingdom we are blessed with 4-H fair grounds, county fairs with rodeos, and state and national parks that all cater to horse activities. The horse has had a huge impact on medieval culture, warfare, idea exchange, farming and many other aspects of medieval life. The Marshals have been reaching out to many current SCA horse owners, trainers, horse enthusiasts, some with frustration, some with safety concerns but most expressing a huge love for our kingdom and horses. It was also felt necessary to wait until the end of the riding/equestrian season to implement any changes for the upcoming season.
- Let it be known that we will revert to Society minimum equestrian standards for the next few months as we review some of our Middle Kingdom standards in the off season.
- Mistress Zurial Nightshade will be the interim KEQ.
- Horse owners will be able keep their authorizations current for two years.
- Defining the authorization process a little better to ensure continuity all over the Kingdom.
- Fast-tracking marshals from out of kingdom marshals, horse trainers and other professional equestrians.