Let the word go forth that the electronic edition of the April issue of The Pale, the official newsletter of the Middle Kingdom, is available to download by those readers who have purchased a sustaining or international membership in the SCA.
The April issue features a wonderfully epic cover provided by THL Gunnar Sigurdsson, the recently retired editor of The Pale.
Included in the April Issue are:
- Official missives From Their Majesties and our Kingdom Exchequer
- A photo gallery from the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre in February
- Court reports from Festival of Maidens, Better War Through Archery, and St. Valentine’s Day Massacre
- A job listing for the Primary Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences
- The first two parts of an article on Making Loaner Clothing for All Sizes: Introducing and Designing the “Gold Key Line”
- A list of the SCA Inc. Board of Directors Nominees
- Middle Kingdom Event Ads and Previews, including Coronation and Crown Tournament
- A listing of the events being held in the Middle Kingdom in April, May, June, and July 2015
- The directory of seneschals in the Middle Kingdom
E-newsletters are available only to those who have purchased a sustaining membership or an international membership.
Here’s a quick reminder about how to access the newsletters, if you have the appropriate membership. You’ll start by visiting the newsletter web site: http://enewsletter.sca.org
There you’ll be greeted with a login screen. You’ll need your membership number and password. (The initial password is the word “start”, all lowercase. It is recommended that you change the password to something more secure the first time you use the site.)
Once you’ve provided that you’ll see a window with a list of all the publications available. You can access not only The Pale, but the newsletters of all the Kingdoms, and the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Click on the name of the Kingdom or other publication you want, and on the next screen you’ll see all the newsletters for that Kingdom, all the way back to the first electronic issues.
If you have trouble accessing the site, your next step should be to contact Membership Services to check the status of your membership. You can find all the contact information on the SCA web site: http://www.sca.org/members/MbrSvcsStaff.html
Submissions for the May issue are due March 25. Please visit http://www.midrealm.org/pale/ for submissions guidelines for The Pale. We are always seeking photographs and articles!