The Midrealm is looking for a Middle Kingdom Chronicler
The Chronicler serves a two to three year term as a Great Officer and member of the Curia Regis of the Middle Kingdom.
Responsibilities and time commitments include:
- Oversight of Kingdom print publication (The Pale). (~1.0 hour per quarter)
- Oversight of Kingdom web site (midrealm.org) and long-term web strategy. The Kingdom Webminister reports to the Chronicler. (~2.0 hours per month)
- Oversight of Kingdom Historian. (~1.0 hour per quarter)
- Coordinate official Kingdom photography needs with Kingdom Photographer. (varies)
- Collates quarterly Chronicler reports and provides that data to four regional Chroniclers. (~3.0 hours per quarter)
- Arrange for warrants for all active Chroniclers at the start of each reign. (part of quarterly reports)
- Assists regional chroniclers as needed. (varies)
- Selects Middle Kingdom for the annual William Blackfox Awards, which are Society-level awards for print publications and written works. (~20 hours in May and June)
- Works with Society Chronicler on projects as needed. (varies)
- Attend quarterly Curia meetings in person, via Skype, or via teleconference. (~4.0 hours per quarter)
- Review new and updated Middle Kingdom policies as a part of the Curia Regis. (~1.0 hour per month.
The Chronicler must be familiar with:
- Society Chronicler policies
- Middle Kingdom Chronicler policies
- Middle Kingdom Law
- Middle Kingdom Financial Policies
- US Copyright Law and Fair Use rules
- MS Office or equivalent (Word and Excel)
- Google Forms and Google Sheets (for quarterly reports)
If you’re interested, please send a file of your modern resume, SCA resume, and a brief letter explaining your interest in and background for the position to . The deadline for letters and resumes is midnight on March 15, 2018. Be prepared to step up no later than April 30, 2018. Please send any questions about the position to .